During October we had a bit of a babywearing photo-sharing-fest on our facebook page. So many photos were shared – it was fantastic to see the variety of baby carriers you all have and the creativity to fit some of the themes was fabulous A big thanks to My Natural Baby Ltd who donated a Manduca prize pack valued at $340.00 (pictured above) as the prize for the photo competition. A winner was chosen randomly from all the daily entries. In case you missed the themes, check them out in the image below:
And the lucky photo-sharing winner is Cherie Grindley. Big congratulations Cherie!! Please leave a message via the My Natural Baby facebook page with your delivery address details and your Manduca package will be sent to you right away.
Thanks again to everyone who joined in the photo-sharing fun during October. If you didn’t see the photos check them out on the New Zealand Babywearing Week Facebook page.
We are excited to once again be running the very popular babywearing pic a day event this year. From October 5 – 31 there will be a theme a day for your babywearing photos which you are invited to share on the New Zealand Babywearing Week Facebook page. Each image shared will count as an entry in the prize draw to win a manduca package which includes the following thanks to My Natural Baby:
- 1 x ‘NewStyle’ black manduca
- 1 x SilverLily organic cotton ZipIn (Limited edition)
- 1 x SilverLily organic cotton fumbee shoulder strap protectors (Limited Edition)
- 1 x manduca front pouch
- Package value $338.85
The Manduca Baby and Kids Carrier has been designed in Germany by Wickelkinder GmbH. Orthopaedically designed and packed with features, the Manduca baby carrier is one of the most versatile and comfortable soft-structured carriers on the market.
Main features of the NewStyle Manduca baby carrier:
- Can be used for newborns (from 3.5kg) and for children up to 20kg (about four years old).
- Includes an integrated infant seat insert
- Has an integrated back-extension for older babies and toddlers
- Has integrated head and neck support
- Is adjustable to fit most people
- The outer material is 45% organic cotton and 55% hemp
- The inner material is 100% organic cotton
- Can be machine washed at up to 30C
- Comes with instructions.
The ZipIn zips into the extendable panel of your manduca to give a fresh and fun look, while the organic cotton fumbees attach easily to the shoulder straps which babies, especially teething ones, love to chew on! The fumbees save your carrier straps from the drool and chewing and can easily be put through the wash, saving you from having to wash your whole manduca so often!
The manduca front pouch can be attached to the waist band of your carrier using the velcro strap, or use it with the included shoulder strap. It’s roomy enough to hold a nappy change, keys, phone, money/cards and even some snacks.
The image below lists the themes for each day of this year’s photo sharing event. Have fun! Looking forward to seeing your babywearing pix!
Posted in Giveaways
Tagged baby carrier, baby sling, babywearing, babywearing accessories, fumbees, international babywearing week, Manduca, My Natural Baby, New Zealand Babywearing Week, NZ Babywearing Week, shoulder strap protectors, soft structured carrier, Zip In, ZipIn
Thanks to everyone who has joined us on the New Zealand Babywearing Week Facebook page as we count down to October 5th. To celebrate 2000 page members we have a Storchenwiege woven ring sling in the Inka colourway to give away to one lucky page member!
And the lucky winner is Hannah Burson. Congratulations Hannah! Please email Helen through the ‘contact us’ page on the My Natural Baby website to let her know your delivery details.
Keep an eye out for the next giveaway announcement as we count down to New Zealand & International Babywearing Week 2013 . . .
Thanks to everyone who has joined us on the New Zealand Babywearing Week Facebook page as we count down to October 6th. To celebrate 1100 page members we have a Moby Knot hat courtesy of Moby Wrap NZ and a pair of Huggalugs Nubies courtesy of My Natural Baby (both pictured above) to give away to one lucky page member!
And the lucky winner is:
Keep an eye out for the next giveaway announcement as we count down to New Zealand Babywearing Week 2012 . . .
Thanks to everyone who has joined us on the New Zealand Babywearing Week Facebook page and helped to achieve the goal of reaching 1000 members on the page by the end of New Zealand Babywearing Week! To celebrate we have a BlackLine Manduca in RadicalRed & a Manduca front pouch courtesy of Wickelkinder and My Natural Baby Ltd to give away to one lucky page member!
And the lucky winner is:
Congratulations Andrea! And a big thank you to Wickelkinder and My Natural Baby Ltd for sponsoring this giveaway.
Thanks to everyone who joined our page this year and participated in one of the many events held around New Zealand. Look out for summaries and images from the events on the blog over the coming weeks. And a photo competition on the Facebook page – details coming soon . . .
Thanks to everyone who has joined us on the New Zealand Babywearing Week Facebook page as we count down to October 10th. To celebrate 800 page members we have a Storchenwiege woven ring sling in the winner’s choice of available colourways, donated by My Natural Baby Ltd to give away to one lucky page member!
And the lucky winner is:
Congratulations Cally. And a big thank you to My Natural Baby Ltd for sponsoring this giveaway.
Keep an eye out for the last giveaway announcement for this year as we count down to New Zealand Babywearing Week 2011 . . .
Hello everyone. We’re on the countdown to New Zealand Babywearing Week (10 – 16 October 2011) and we are looking forward to celebrating with you. We’ve been loving the giveaways over the last couple of months thanks to some generous product sponsors. The next giveaway will be drawn once we reach 800 page members over on the New Zealand Babywearing Week facebook page.
Our 800 liker giveaway sponsor is My Natural Baby Ltd. One lucky ‘New Zealand Babywearing Week Facebook page’ member will be randomly drawn to take home a Storchenwiege Woven Ring Sling valued at $140.00 in their choice of colour from available colourways . (Open to NZ residents only).
Practical and simple to put on: The Storchenwiege® RingSling, made of the proven Storchenwiege® sling material, can be worn in one size by different wearers.
Using the Storchenwiege® RingSling, you can:
- carry your child on your hip, tummy to tummy and on your back.
- carry your child easily and quickly, but still have both hands free for her brothers or sisters or jobs you need to do.
- easily manage barriers such as stairs, getting on the bus or train, or rough or irregular paths.
- give your toddler a rest when she is just learning to walk and cannot yet manage long distances.
What makes the Storchenwiege® RingSling so special?
- The Storchenwiege® RingSling comes with detailed instructions on how to wear it and a washing bag to protect your washing machine and the Storchenwiege® RingSling aluminium rings.
- The Storchenwiege® RingSling is made of 100% cotton; the special Storchenwiege® fabric stands out for its extremely good diagonal elasticity. The Storchenwiege® RingSling thus supports the child firmly and envelops her body like a firm bandage. This guarantees a safe, comfortable feeling when wearing it.
- The fabric of the Storchenwiege® RingSling is certified in accordance with the Oeko-Tex 100 standard for babies. In this way, you can rest assured that it is absolutely safe for your child´s health.
- The use of large, high-quality aluminium rings makes the Storchenwiege® RingSling comfortable to wear, allowing its folds to be arranged neatly in the rings and thus over the shoulder. The Storchenwiege® RingSling also has different-coloured edges, making it considerably easier to put on, and especially to pull tight.
How to care for your Storchenwiege® RingSling properly:
The Storchenwiege® RingSling can be washed at up to 60°C. Please use the enclosed washing bag to protect your washing machine and the aluminium rings.
To be in with a chance to win, join us over on the New Zealand Babywearing Week Facebook page – that’s it! Simple, easy.
For extra entries in the draw check out these options:
- Like the My Natural Baby Facebook Page
- Update your Facebook status (on your own wall) with the following: “I’m in to win a Storchenwiege woven ring sling with @New Zealand Babywearing Week and @My Natural Baby”. You will need to ‘like’ both New Zealand Babywearing Week and My Natural Baby Facebook pages for the tags to work and remember to make sure your update is shared with ‘everyone’. To do this click the drop down menu with the padlock icon under your status update and choose ‘everyone’
- Leave a comment under this post to let us know your favourite Storchenwiege ring sling colourway (view available Storchenwiege ring sling colours on the My Natural Baby website) and why you would like to win one.
Good luck to all who enter! And thanks for helping to spread the word about New Zealand Babywearing Week – the countdown is on . . .